It’s the week we’ve all be waiting for! One of the biggest names in the game, Paul Rabil, took the time out to answer questions submitted by fans and provide some insight on his game and preferences.
Paul was named the 2015 MLL Championship Game MVP after leading the team to the 2015 Championship title. In 2016, Rabil led all midfielders in points, reaching his own single-season point record of 72. In Paul’s two seasons in New York, he has earned 74 goals and 129 points. He even led the league in two-point goals at six this past season and is a Team USA World Champion.
Off the field, Paul runs his nonprofit organization called The Paul Rabil Foundation. He also created The Paul Rabil Experience to bring online instructional lacrosse content and fitness and nutrition tips to athletes across the country. He spends much of his time and focus on spreading the word about the game of lacrosse.
1. What are your favorite gloves that you have ever had?
PR: Hmmm...this is a difficult question! Probably a pair of my Warrior Rabil gloves that were designed after my youth rec program, the MVSA Chiefs!
2. What is your most memorable moment as a lacrosse player?
PR: Fortunately, I've been a part of a number of Championship teams, all of which are incredibly important to me and remembered uniquely for what they stood for.
3. What’s the hardest part about keeping your strength during the season?
PR: Great question, and it sounds like you know how difficult it is. It's challenging because it's an additional workout to add to your schedule. At the same time, it's a bit unrealistic to expect that you'll be just as strong during the thick of season, as you were say in the offseason. The same is true for all sports.
4. What is it like playing in the MLL? –
PR: It is so much fun.
5. What was your favorite way to train in high school? –
PR: Against the wall. No question.
6. Who is your favorite DC superhero? –
PR: Maybe Brainiac.
7. How do you do your shooting drills? –
PR: Great question. I have a ton of different drills I work on regularly. I think it would be great to check out the videos and practices at
www.PaulRabilExperience.com. Use code "PRETrial" to get your first month for $0.99 and give it a try!
8. What was the proudest play in your career? –
PR: I think it's shifted from plays on the field to relationships with teammates off of it. That's the best part.
9. What is your favorite dessert? –
PR: Double Tree Hotel chocolate chip cookies.
10. What is your favorite sport besides lacrosse? –
PR: It changes based on the season between soccer, basketball, and football.
11. Who is the hardest goalie you have ever faced against? –
PR: Every goalie in MLL, unfortunately.
12. What is your favorite dodge? –
PR: Split dodge.
13. Was it hard to connect or adapt when you first moved to the Lizards? –
PR: No, it wasn't. We have a great leadership team, front office, and the players' are connected.
14. Any suggestions on what I can do to play more similarly to you? –
PR: Similar question to Brian S. above. I would encourage you to subscribe to the
www.PaulRabilExperience.com! It's jam-packed with everything that I do as a player, and if you're looking to play, dodge, and shoot like me, this is the best way to do it.
15. What teammates are you close with? –
PR: Kyle Hartzell's a good guy. But I also like Rob, Beast, Party Laws, the Untersteins, Gibby, DA, Fletch, DeNap, Westy, Chim, Brian Spallina (sometimes), Holmer, Pally, Walshy, and a few others.
16. What is your favorite unhealthy food to eat? –
PR: Cheese...when it's not a source of protein :)
17. What got you into lacrosse as a kid? –Blake B.
PR: My neighbor gave me his backup stick.
18. What is the best matchup in the MLL? –
PR: They're all pretty solid.
19. What is your least favorite food? –
20. When was your first MLL goal and what team was it against? –
PR: I was with the Boston Cannons and scored against the NJ Pride!
We’d like to extend a thank you to all fans that submitted such great questions as well as Paul for sharing his answers with us.
Paul will be collaborating with the Lizards this weekend to host a skills clinic in Warwick, NY. Few spots are still available. If interested, click
HERE or call 1-855-NYLizards for more information or to sign up.
To submit your questions for players in weeks ahead, keep a look out and follow the New York Lizards on
Instagram and Snapchat (@nylizards). Use our hashtag, #20QTuesday, to join in on the fun.
New York Lizards 2017 Season Tickets are now available. To reserve your seats, call 1-855-NYLIZARDS or click
HERE for more information.