Wall ball and practice drills only do so much to keep certain skills intact throughout winter, but nothing gets a player ready for game day like having already played in a game, or in this case, a tournament. Not only does game time experience develop players skills and allow them to be comfortable with that in-game feeling, but it also builds team and player chemistry. Therefore, a 4v4 is perfect for developing certain middie, attack, and even defensive line’s chemistry so that they will be comfortable playing and communicating with each other throughout the season. Not to mention, The Big Chill will provide a unique opportunity to show off your skills and get tips from one of the best coaches in the game, Joe Spallina.
Registration is now open for the tournament, allowing up to 10 players per team, with age groups falling into brackets of 3rd/4th grade, 5th/6th grade, and 7th/8th grade. All tournament participants will receive one free Silver Ticket to the Lizards April 29th home opener vs the Denver Outlaws, where the winners of each age group will be honored with an on-field ceremony at halftime.
Rules & Guidelines
- Teams can consist of up to 10 players
- 4v4 play. 4 players per team on field plus one goalie.
- Open to boys in grades: 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
- Each game will be 25 minutes with a running clock
- 3 games guaranteed per team plus a possible championship game
- Games will begin at 10 AM and end at 5 PM (final schedule to be emailed to coaches by February 22nd)
- Players will receive One Silver Ticket to the Lizard's Home Opener against the Denver Outlaws on April 29th .
- Teams must register by Tuesday, February 21
- Location: All Star Sports Arena located at 635 Middle Country Road, Selden, NY, 11784
- Full equipment is required. Full Equipment Includes: Helmet, shoulder pads, arm guards, gloves, mouth guard, stick, water bottle, athletic supporter.
For more information, including tournament rules and requirements, please click HERE, or contact Michael Charyn, Director of NY Lizards Youth Programming, at MCharyn@NYLizards.com or call 516-742-1180 x 302.